Friday, June 23, 2006

Thursdays Tragedies:
I left work last night a little after 5 pm. We had had an emergancy also, a Jack Russel Terrier KAYNA, had been hit by a car. A good Samaritan brought him in. So I had stayed to see how he did. He was still a little "shocky"when I left, but he pulled through ok, and went home this AM with his family.The other tragedy didn't turn out so well:

I take 35-E North home from my hospital/clinic on Cty. Rd 42 and when I neared the Cedar exit I had to swerve onto the shoulder to avoid the mini-van in front of me. As I looked around to see what was causeing the sudden stop, I saw it.
The car; front end crushed on the side of the road, the motorcycle still under its front end. And the State Troopers lifting a body wrapped in a white sheet off the south bound side of the freeway. My heart stopped. I had been talking to my mom (on my hands free.) (I will ONLY use my hands free from now on! I urge you ALL to do the same! If you don't have one GET ONE!) I gasped and started praying a loud. She asked what had happend and I told her. She said, "Oh my." & that she had seen it on the news. She then asked me if I was ok. I said yes, then.
But I am clearly not. On my way into work I drove in the opposite lane. Car oil, tire skid marks and what I can only guess was blood on parts of the road. I gasped again. It has rocked me to my core. I can't stop thinking about that man. His family. His friends, and co-workers. It's so HORRIBLE, I can hardly believe it!

I ask you to pray for these people! And my friends; let's keep our hands on the wheel and not on our IPOD's/car stereos/cell phones!!!! (Not that I am ASSUMING you are!)I caused on accident myself in 2002, because of my cd player. Praise the Lord it wasn't a serious accident, but that's beside the point! Let's BE CAREFUL! START WATCHING OUT FOR MOTORCYCLES!

P.S. If you can please join Aaron & I tonight on University Ave. on the way from St. Paul to Mlps.!! There will be "Back-To-The-50's" cars cruising the street. It should be fun! Car scoping and people watching! And it's FREE!!!
I hope to see you ALL! God bless you !
I love ya SO MUCH!

1 comment:

The Colonel said...

I heard about that accident on the radio I was at Cliff & 35E after it happened and there were cars backed up for miles.

I guess there was another accident right around there too.

Car crashes (especially involving motorcycles) suck big time!