Thursday, May 18, 2006

Let's talk about the BEST movie ever made: White Christmas (1954).....
I know the BEST status is very debatable but I'm not posting this to have everyone comment that I am wrong and the Godfather (as an example) is the best movie ever. I am asking what is YOUR "Best Movie Ever" and why? It maybe lame but I'm a dork. I think I've established that.
Okay... So White Christmas the "Best Movie Ever"; my reasons:

Reason #1: Bing Crosby.
Need I say more. He was classy and a gentleman,
great comic timing and THAT VOICE! I love his voice.

Reason #2. Rosemary Clooney.
Again, class act. The voice! When she (Betty-Rosemary's character) goes off to the club in New York and sings "You Didn't Do Right By Me". (SIGH) She's singing about love, but it is perfect for the story line. I love it! And she's pretty but not perfect but she is smart and a mama hen type. I like that.

Reason #3. THE DANCING!! The way Danny Kaye & Vera Ellen spin and dance together. It is amazing. Vera's legs! Best looking dancer legs ever! She is "the skinny one" but she wasn't too skinny, they are muscular.

Reason #4. The SONGS! White Christmas (which first was heard in "Holiday Inn" sung by Bing. Not many people remember it though). Sister's-the part where the guys dress up in the some of the girls stuff to give the girls time to escape. The song about Snow, that they sing on the train on the way to Vermont. And the song Bing sings to Rosemary, Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep. Oh,(sigh) I just love that movie.

I think the above reasons are good enough. Now, Your turn. Oh! &
P.S. If you haven't seen White Christmas, I assure you at some point in our friendship I will force you to watch & enjoy it! ("evil" grin)

9 comments:

The Colonel said...

you are wrong, Godfather is the best movie ever... sorry, i had to say it.

My favorite movie is Honey

Chris Dugan said...

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. "The Hot Chick" is the greatest movie ever made. Everybody knows that.

Linda said...

White Christmas...good choice!

The sequel...Holiday Inn...bad choice...way too long and dull.

But, my favorite remains Casablanca.

Reason #1. The story.

Reason #2. Ingrid Bergman

Reason #3. Sam, who played it again.

I'm glad you're blogging, Lexi, it will be fun to read your thoughts!

Lexi the Pixie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lexi the Pixie said...

Holiday Inn was actually the "prequal" to White Christmas. It was released in 1942. White Christmas was released in 1954.

Cox said...

Bwee, honey.

Linda said...

As I typed, I was thinking I might have that wrong, but was too lazy to go check on the facts and decided to post anyway!

Did you like Holiday Inn? I kept falling asleep.

Do you like Bells of St. Mary's? I do.

Lexi the Pixie said...

Bwee I know.....I did like Holiday Inn but it was a little slow. I have not seen Bells of Saint Mary. I'll have to rent that.

Cox said...

Bells of St. Mary was the origin of those little boxing nun dolls!